2013 – I can’t believe it’s over already! But it is and here we are starting a brand new calendar year already! At the start of this year I started a happiness jar from my favourite author Liz Gilbert and every time something good or something that made me happy I wrote it down and put it in the jar. When I had bad days when I felt depressed or sad I would empty out the jar and re-read everything in it in an attempt to reflect on what was important in my life and what makes me, me.
I have gleefully watched this jar fill up and up all year long and decided that NYE was the perfect time to reflect on the year and remember the happiness over the sadness and stash the happy times in a scrapbook and start the jar empty again!
1) My sister came today! We got to spend some good quality time together, just the 2 of us
2) I got rid of all the poison and went to work HAPPY and with a positive attitude
3) I got to hang out with my brother for a few days! WOW I MISS HIM!
4) I went out clubbing and didn’t get drunk. I reconnected with old friends and had such a great time
5) I realised who my true friends are and who I have to cut out of my life to move forward and be happy.
6) I’m going to find better friends and do what Tim did get rid of the losers and abusers
7) Mum is home from hospital and she is safe, happy and healthy!
8) Dinner with Sonia and Hannah. I feel supported, loved and appreciated
9) Today I got the email about the internship! My life could CHANGE!
10) Today I started going to the gym…oh god what have I done? This will be good for me! Stick with it
11) Feels like Tim and I are getting our friendship back on track. This time I won’t let it slip away!
12) One of my friends got a job at a newspaper as a journalist and thanked me for my help with his writing. What the?? Crazy but ill take it!
13) First personal training session today – the guy is a little weird, but doesn’t seem like the typical gym douche. My whole body is crying in pain but I am feeling good for doing it.
14) Holy Boobs Batman! I went down a pants size!! WHAT THE??? So happy! Keep going
15) I got offered a management position! Seriously? Ok this is scary but I am excited for the challenge
16) A work colleague I struggled to get along with is now someone I consider a friend. Seriously never EVER saw this twist coming! Such a great guy and a great support.
17) MY whole family is coming for christmas! I am so excited to see everyone and have some great quality time with them all at our house.
18) Queensland was AMAZING! So much fun, so much sun, I loved the energy in that place.
19) EB Expo was today and got to go as media. Such a great vibe and buzzing with next gen goodness. I feel so blessed to be a part of this! I feel like I am starting to be taken seriously as a writer!
20) My bestie is pregnant!!! OH MY GOD! So excited for them! I cannot imagine two better people as parents!
21) I got a new job, a new job that appreciates their staff! Wow! haha but seriously seems like it’s going to be a challenge but I feel like it is the right move!
22) OMG I got good marks at uni? WHAT THE!!?!!!?!!?! So proud of myself right now
23) Finished 5 chapters!! AWESOME!!! KEEP GOING! DON’T GIVE UP! Am so excited for this world I am creating.
24) Just got another game from Black Panel to review. Feel out of my depth but am loving the challenge
25) Newcastle Mirage!! WOOT WOOT! Bring it ON! Exciting new zine for Newcastle, so honoured to be writing for it!
These are the 25 pieces of paper in my jar, and while yes it may not be the most revolutionary pieces of happiness on the planet, they are mine nonetheless and I will treasure them for 2013.
So out with the old and in with the new! I will attempt to do more than 25 this year and welcome the influx of happiness in my life! Let the photo’s roll!